With two European-imported 30-foot-tall Neptune XXL Climbers connected by a 25-foot suspended net tunnel, flubber cubes, a swing and more, the Outdoor Play Plaza has become a main attraction for many GCM visitors. The Outdoor Play Plaza taps into a child’s creative level of problem solving, teaching children how to go from point A to point B with no specified path. As we deal with the summer heat, your next visit may be impacted. Please review the Play Plaza safety rules below.
stay safe and have fun on our outdoor play plaza
- Adults must remain with their children in all areas of the Museum.
- Closed-toe, athletic shoes are required for climbing.
- Walk at all times. No running.
- If you reach the tunnel, only climb on the inside.
- Maintain three physical points of contact with the equipment while climbing. Climb along the interior.
- Food and drinks (except water) are not permitted on the play plaza.
- Climbing up the slide, jumping off the equipment or other dangerous behavior may result in injury and is not permitted.
- Never lift or place a child on the play structure. Climbers should reach their destination on their own.
Please note: Climbers climb at their own risk. The Greensboro Children’s Museum is not responsible for injuries experienced on the premises.