- This event has passed.
little sprouts (ages 3-5)
September 24, 2019 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm$14
It’s harvest time at GCM! Ages 3-5 will get hands-on with nature as they explore The Edible Schoolyard, the Museum’s half-acre garden. Each week, learners will focus on a different theme as they play, learn and make friends along the way.
- sept. 10 – Flowers: We will explore beautiful blooms in the garden and identify the parts of a plant.
- sept. 17 – Soil: We will get our hands dirty as we take a closer look at the soil.
- sept. 24 – Seeds: We will learn about the basic needs of plants as we sow seeds in the Edible Schoolyard for a later harvest.
- oct. 1 – Water: We will explore the wonder of water in the garden.
- oct. 8 – Chickens: We will learn about chickens and visit our feathered garden friends.
- oct. 15 – Harvest: It’s harvest time! Join us as we celebrate our growing season and harvest the bounty.